Zibyl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The base of the Mountain

2 posters

Go down

The base of the Mountain Empty The base of the Mountain

Post by I Caught Fire Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:41 pm

A hawk drifted in the wind, high above the ground. Its dark gray eyes scanned the ground. Her companion below her gave a soft cry. She chattered back a little moodily, glancing at him before glumly scanning the sky. A few moments later, she dive bombed another bird, taking it out of the sky. She landed, followed by the other hawk. He immediately tore into the bird, while she looked away.
Even in hawk-form, Ishtar preferred her meat cooked.
She clicked her beak and strutted across the clearing while her friend finished off the small meal. Ishtar opened her wings and flew lazily up to a nearby branch. She immediately started pruning herself in the sunlight.
The Search for her brother could wait.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

http://testsite.forum-motion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

The base of the Mountain Empty Re: The base of the Mountain

Post by Ami Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:01 pm

"Simba wait!!!" Joshua cried out to the small orange tabby as Marco and he chased the cat. It seemed the kitten couldn't stand being on the boat any longer and decided to take a break from it so he ran off. Before they hit the mountain Marco scooped the kitten up into his arms and he mewed softly and rubbed its head against the boys chin. Joshua looked around the mountain, they hadn't been this far inside the island for quite a long time, perhaps a change in schedule wouldn't be so bad.

"Marco c'mon lets explore!" he told his older brother and began to walk onto a large boulder of the mountain and he sat upon it. Marco reluctantly began to follow, carrying Simba along.
Ami
Ami

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Ishtar stopped pruning when she heard the boy yell. She clicked her beak and ruffled her feathers uncomfortably. Her Hawk companion below had finished feeding and looked in the direction the voices had come from. He flapped his wings, landing next to Ishtar. He immediately started pruning himself vigorously.
Ishtar glared at him. And they thought women were the self-conscious ones.
She huffed and focused her grey gaze on the spot in the bushes where she knew they would come.
She caught a flash of orange fur through the brush. A cat.
She immediately sat up straighter, excitement sparking in her eyes.
Cats were delicious.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:27 pm

As Joshua slowly began to climb the mountain, Simba began to become uneasy, as if he knew something wanted him as a tasty treat. He broke from Marco grip by slashing his hand and he scampered onto Marco's shoulder, under his shirt, mewing again, unhappy. The older male knew they should turn back but Joshua was very stubborn, there was nothing he could tell his younger sibling to get him to turn back, as much as Simba wanted to go back
Ami
Ami

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Ishtar let out an angry cry before hopping from the branch. She darted through the trees, directly at the the boys. She landed on Marco's head, eying the lump in his shirt. She hissed, frustrated, before going for the boys shirt. She ripped holes in the shoulder as the lump moved. Her claws scraped at the boys head as she struggled to keep a hold. She wanted that cat!!
Farzan lazily drifted after her and landed on a nearby tree. He eyed the lump from a distance, waiting for Ishtar to catch the prize.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Marco suddenly felt the hawk attack, his arms flaired up and began to swat at the bird, crying at it to get off of him. Simba crawled out of his masters shirt and scampered away silently into a corner where the hawks claws couldn't hurt it while Marco was attacked, it was everything to itself.

Joshua lept from the boulder, unsheathing a small dagger and charged at the bird, nothing was going to hurt his older brother
Ami
Ami

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Ishtar hissed and flew after the cat, not even paying attention to the other boy. She swooped down and grabbed the cat. Thats when it all hit the fan.
By grabbing the cat, Ishtar threw herself off balance. With a panicked screech, she tumbled out of the air and hit the ground, dragging the cat with her. She knew upon impact that she had a broken wing.
Dropping the furball, she hopped a couple feet, her wing dragging behind her. Farzan clicked his beak and fluffed up anxiously. He kept one eye on the sword, the other on his friend.
Ishtar hissed threateningly at the cat, hopping back at it. She might as well get a meal out of this mess.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:14 am

Simba scrambled once freed and went to a crevice in the mountain. He was a small cat due to lack of food and always running around with his masters and found something small, resembling that of a mouse hole, but a bit larger. He snuck in and got as far back as possible and somehow contorted his body so he faced looking out of the hole, keeping an eye on the bird.

Marco was down on one knee, bleeding heavy from the birds sharp talons. He kept himself together but he left taking the monstrosity on to Joshua. He couldn't fight in a condition like this.

Joshua swung the blade and began to swing swiftly at the bird. There was no way he was to leave this bird to live
Ami
Ami

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Ishtar hissed, hopping back from the blade. In mid-hop, her wings melted into arms and talons into feet. Her transformation took only a matter of seconds. She rose from her crouch setting her grey gaze upon the man with the sword. As the fire grew in her eyes, the grass turned yellow and died around her feet.
"I'd suggest you point that little toy in a different direction."
She cradled her arm carefully. It was broken. Defiantly broken.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:10 pm

"I'd point it in a different direction if you didn't attack my brother!" Joshua said. His voice tried to sound tough and gruff, like his older brother but it still had a bit of a childish ring to it. He didn't exactly fit the part of the tough guy in the family.

Marco kneeled still and put pressure on the cuts to ease the bleeding process. He stood up and looked at the woman with the broken arm. "Joshua shut it" he said with a cold tone. Joshua immediately shut his trap and his dagger lowered and he sheathed it. The older male looked at the girl. "Start explaining. Now miss" he said with a cold look in his eye. He couldn't help his gloomy disposition, it was just how he was.
Ami
Ami

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:47 pm

As the dagger disappeared, she turned her gaze towards the older boy. She blinked. "Why should I explain? I was hungry. You made me loose that cat."
She licked her lips at the though of the cat. She glanced at the branch where Farzan had been perched. He was no longer there.
She smirked.

Farzan landed outside the hole in which the cat was hidden. He snapped his beak and peered in. The cat was in there deep but he could be reached. Closing his eyes, Farzan stuck his head in, stretching his neck out to full length. With a snap of his beak, he grabbed the cat by a tuff of fur and drug it out of its hiding place.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ami Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Simba hissed loudly, feeling the sudden tugging motion. He contorted himself about and scratched at the bird's eyes and face, in an attempt to get free.

Joshua walked up to the female. "Listen if you're hungry I can feed you. We can feed an army on our boat just call off the bird. Thats out pet!!!!" he cried out.

Marco was losing his patience with their constant attacks on Simba, the poor kitten was bound to get an aneurysm if the two didn't lay off.
Ami
Ami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down