Zibyl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Colosseum's Night Hunt

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Colosseum's Night Hunt Empty The Colosseum's Night Hunt

Post by Cresill Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Merill let out a soft groan as he flopped back onto the bench and stared up at the dark sky. It was already pretty late, he wasn't even sure how long they'd been out there for. Hadn't they been there since dusk? The park seemed to be completely empty tonight aside from himself and Castel. It might have been better if they'd gone during the day, but that might have attracted too much attention. Besides, they just about always went to collect their mutants at night.

He turned to look at Castel and sighed, folding his arms.
"I guess we should go back in a little while then." He muttered, a little put out that they hadn't managed to find anything in... god knows how long they'd been out there. If they didn't find anything tonight Merill really wasn't looking forwards to going back out tomorrow.

Leaning forwards, Merill rested his elbows on his knees and stared a head at the empty park. He was getting a little tired now but he didn't really want to speak that out loud.
"It's getting cold out. The park seems really empty, maybe there really is no one out tonight."

Last edited by Cresill on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cresill
Cresill

http://talym-rp-911.webs.com

Back to top Go down

The Colosseum's Night Hunt Empty Re: The Colosseum's Night Hunt

Post by Castel Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Castel stood beside the bench where Merill sat, his hands folded together. His eyes swept around the park, catching no motion besides the slight breeze in the leaves. "I agree," he mumbled, his breath a cloud of steam, "Shall we go back, then? I can make tea..." He shivered, drawing his coat tighter around himself at the thought of a cup of hot tea.
Castel
Castel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Merill removed his beret and placed it in his lap as he sat up, running his fingers through his hair. He sighed and stood up slowly, shaking his head. They were on the other side of the island and it would be a long long walk back so they'd probably have to stay somewhere along the way. They had the money to receive good hospitality but it was safer to take it from the lower class people as they had less objections to accommodating criminals. Not that Merill ever really thought of himself like that.

Putting his hat back on he looked at Castel with a slight smile. It was hard to tell whether it was genuine or forced.
"No, we should find somewhere to stay tonight. We won't likely make it back before tomorrow night so we may as well finish up here and leave at day brake." He said, looking around again. The park really did look empty. What a nuisance, they'd come so far too.

Merill stifled a yawn, turning away from Castel.
"Lets keep going, we'll rest on our way tomorrow night." He said walking farther into the park.
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by Castel Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Castel sighed, taking a few steps away from the bench. "Fine. But if we're not going back right away, I think maybe we should just stay here overnight. It seems that there is no one around, so if we fall asleep we don't have to worry about being attacked or anything." He huffed, whirling around to face Merrill as he spoke, his thin eyebrows drawing together questioningly.
Castel
Castel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Merill turned to look back at him and frowned a little, they wouldn't find anyone that way. He really was tired though and he could probably sleep just about anywhere right now. "I... Well, if you want to." He said as he looked around the park and then up at the sky. There weren't many clouds but even so, he didn't really trust it not to rain on them. Though, he was probably just being paranoid.

He lead Castel away from the bench and a little bit farther into the park before walking over to a rather large tree before turning back to Castel.
"Here will be fine then." He said, sliding his hands under Castel's scarf to loosen it so he could pull one end longer than the other and put it around his neck.

Taking Castel's sleeve he pulled him down into a sitting position with him, so not to pull the scarf, against the tree and leaned his head back against it. He looked up at the branches, trying to ignore the dusty ground that they were sitting on.
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:53 pm

A man paused by the bench where Merill and Castel had been. He paused scanning the area for any useful powers. He had recently left the mutant he had been tagging for the past month. He lifted his head, the wind playing with his white hair. Odd. There was only two mutants in the park tonight. And quite close, too. They had interesting enough powers and were together so he headed off after Merill and Castel. As soon as he was within hearing distance, he slowed, creeping a bit closer. He was coming at them from behind, in a small copse that would hide him well enough. He sat behind a tree and out of sight.
He closed his eyes and leaned against the rough bark of the tree, feeling their powers fill him.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

http://testsite.forum-motion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Castel Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:04 pm

[center]Castel flinched as Merrill tugged on his scarf, thankful for the layer of cloth between them, blocking any real physical contact. "Well, it's not that I want to, it's just that it's a hassle to find shelter, especially at this hour." he tipped his head back, his pupils widening to take in the dark blue sky. "I do wish we could have tea, though." He laughed silently, his body shaking more with cold than with laughter. [/align]
Castel
Castel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Merill let his head fall forwards, closing his eyes as he leaned against Castel. "Mhmm." He said softly. "Better not to complain." He added past a yawn. He made a sort of stifled coughing noise as he moved his nose away from the scarf, it had the musty smell of the prisoner's quarters clinging to it. He had to wonder sometimes how Castel managed to spend so much time down there, it smelled awful. That was why he had someone to go down there for him.

There was a rustling in the grass and leaves behind them and Merill tensed, his eyes opening. He hardly thought about the action itself as he grabbed Castel's hand to pull him up, he just had to get him up too without strangling himself on the scarf in his sudden haste to get up. He could definitely hear someone approching them from behind, if it was a mutant it could be dangerous to allow them to come any closer and Merill still had no intention of leaving there empty handed.

He stumbled to his feet, still tightly holding Castel's hand as he turned to look back at the man who'd been coming at the from behind, and narrowed his eyes eyes.
"There is one here then." He murmured, glancing down before quickly releasing Castel's hand and putting his own in his pocket.
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Chev started picking up sticks from the ground. He moved around the tree so he had open ground in front of him. He dropped the sticks in a pile. Touching one, he brought up the power of the last mutant he had been tagging and lit the pile on fire. He sighed, settling back and letting the small fire warm him. Every so often, he tossed another stick on.
He heard Merill talk behind him and glanced up. He nodded his greeting and looked back to the fire. He didn't like talking to those he leached powers off.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Castel Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:05 am

Castel squeaked in distress as he was jerked up into a standing position. Merrill is stronger than he looks.. he thought, pouting. He looked around the park, his white hair swishing against his shoulders until he spotted the mutant in the bushes. Castel turned to his companion, smirking. "Looks like we found one." He whispered.
Castel
Castel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Merill tugged the scarf off of his neck and took a step back. "I suggest you do it." He said, putting his hands in his pockets and watched the man sitting in front of the small fire carefully. It wouldn't do them much good if he attacked him anyways since that would only slow them down as he'd be in no shape for traveling after that.

He'd help if it was needed but for now he'd stand back, Castel was capable of taking on most mutants as he could immobilize any part of the body or temporarily make them incapable of using their powers by attacking nerves. Since they didn't know this one's powers they'd to move quickly in case it over powered them and became hostile.

Merill ran his fingers through his hair before letting that hand that was no longer in his pocket fall to his locket.
"Disable him first, we will wait to see if farther action is necessary." He murmured. "Finish it quickly."
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Chev glanced up at the two. They were just standing there watching him. He shifted uncomfortably, looking away. He didn't like how they were watching him. As if he was a steak on a platter. He stood and disappeared into the copse. He returned moments later with more wood. he added a dead branch to the fire, his back to the two.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Castel Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:51 am

Castel took a tentative step forward, turning to glance back at Merill as he did so. "I'll do my best." he mumbled, diverting his full attention back to the man. He stared at the stranger, unblinking, his breathing almost undetectable. The boy's pale grey eyes widened, and his pupils dilated as he mentally inspected the stranger, zeroing in on his key nerves. The ones he needed to move.
Suddenly he tipped his head to the side with a jerking motion, pinching the nerves he had carefully selected. "I didn't break anything, I just disabled signals to the limbs. You can't move them, but your blood is still flowing so they won't die or anything." he called to the man, frozen where he stood as Castel turned away, sweeping his scarf over his shoulder.
Castel
Castel

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:13 am

The nerves suddenly, and a bit painfully, snapped back into place. The man's expression was still calm, not even showing the brief pin he had just endured. "Won't Work."
He stretched his arms for emphasis then tossed a couple more sticks on the fire. He sighed and leaned back against the tree. These two had interesting powers. Fun and interesting.
His head tilted back and his eyes closed, waiting for the next attack with calm thoughts.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:06 am

Merill sighed softly. "It's ok Castel, He'll be out harder than me anyways." He murmured holding his hand out towards Chev and closing his eyes. A strong psyonich blast was sent through his brain, though it wasn't actually hurting him the parts it attacked gave him the illusion his entire body was in severe pain. With the other hand he took his whip from its spot on his belt and released him from the blast as the whip lashed forwards, aiming to wrap around one of his ankles.
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 am

Chev grunted at the pain then looked down at the whip wrapped around his ankle. "I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you want me to go with you."
He sighed, looking up at the two.
"Well, I really have nothing better to do..."
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:52 am

Merill narrowed his eyes. "Fine, if you;ll come qietly we'll be gentle." He said, letting the whip around his ankle loosen, but still keeping his other hand out. Extending a part of his body towards his target made it easier to lock onto their mind but wasn't actually necessary.
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:27 am

Chev yawned and glanced at Merill.
"Trust me. You'd loose."
He cracked his knuckles before casually strolling over to Rill.
"Names Chev."
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:32 am

Merill watched him come closer. "You may be underestimating us. It's not really the power, but how you can use it that makes it strong." He said. What crap, coming form him. He just about never used his powers, even what he'd done to Chev just then had left him a little tired right now.

He turned on his heels and took a few steps away.
"I'm Merill, that's Castel. I'm the owner of the Colosseum, it's a long walk there so just don't try anything dumb on the way." He said, glancing over his shoulder.
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:39 am

Chev sighed and followed silently behind the other.
They covered a couple of miles, Chev spoke up.
"Your earlier statement... It was wrong. Well, in some situations... Like this one." Suddenly all of Rill's powers were drained. They flooded back into the other within seconds. "I could leave you powerless. Then it wouldn't matter how I used my powers." He shrugged.
Really, power didn't matter much to him. He didn't want to control others. He just wanted to prove a point.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:43 am

Merill turned on his heel's, by the time he'd turned all the way the whip was already only a few centimeters from Chev's face. It was still aimed carefully enough, though, to hit only his cheek. "I often get on just fine without them, I try to avoid using them. However, something like you I cannot allow to have them. That would be a waste." He said, catching the whip as it came back.
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 am

Chev chuckled humorously. The whip began to heat up in Merill's hand until it because too hot to even hold. "Whips are easy. They can be disinagrated."
Again, he shrugged. "Easily made, and easily gotten rid of. Guns, now they are a bit harder, but they can be melted..."
He snorted and glanced up at the night sky.
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Merill squeaked, letting go of the whip with his already burnt hand. He'd almost forgotten about that after he'd taken the bandages off. "Anything can be disintegrated." He growled, picking up the whip and coiling it. This guy was more work than he was worth, it wasn't like they didn't have enough mutants to fill a few more tourneys. It would be a little bruising to the ego to let him go now though.

He rolled his eyes as he walked ahead, letting Chev talk himself. Guns were a nuisance, they not only could run out of ammo so had to be refilled all the time if used often but they also took more accuracy than Merill was capable of providing. His own power was sort of difficult to aim, though, it wasn't to hard as he could lock onto a consciousness if the other wasn't moving around at a speed too quick for his own mind to follow.

"Hurry up." He snapped, not bothering to look back at Chev for a few moments, though, did decide to glance briefly over his shoulder to make sure he was following.
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Chev nodded, following right behind him. He could tell he had already talked too much so he stayed silent for the rest of the long walk.

[*brain fart*]
I Caught Fire
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cresill Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 am

~{ Well, you wanna stop here? get caught up with the plot now? The Colosseum is gone and I'm stranded on the astral plane soooo. }~
Cresill
Cresill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum